By Lois Kramer-Perez, CHt.
Here we are amidst the holiday season once again. It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all, we can find ourselves moving so quickly, we are not even aware of what is happening that we may miss the joy connecting to the moments, what can one do?
Feng Shui principles create support in our life, wonderful tools to help us stay organized and grounded so that we may enjoy this festive fast-paced time of year. Here are a few Feng Shui tips to get you started:
Your Front Door:
- Do you use it? Make sure it is easy to open.
- Make it inviting. Add some color and sparkle to it.
In many cases our front door is our face to the world, a metaphor for how we are moving along in our life journey so create a joyous welcoming experience.
Once inside, focus on organization and relaxation:
- Designate an area for holiday items.
- Take 15 minutes a day to maintain organization.
- Utilize scents of cinnamon in the kitchen and lavender in the bedroom.
- Use comfy pillows and snuggly warm throws.
- Square shapes and earth tones.
- Display plants, flowers and small trees.
- Create ample space around furniture and objects.
Earthy comfort helps us remain grounded and bring life into our space. Create your personal space to feel cozy, warm and nurtured.
Let there be light!
- If you have a fireplace, use it.
- Light your candles, even battery operated ones to create shimmers of light.
- Decorate with objects that bring you joy and sparkle.
- String little strands of lights through your plants and decorative items.
The most important tip of all is to feel the LOVE. LOVE everything in your space, if it feels good — then it is perfect for you.
Lois Kramer-Perez, CHt. is a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner & Educator working with people creating healthy abundant lifestyles embracing the feng shui principles for people, places and things. Visit loiskramerperez.com for your free gift. 201.906.5767 firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on Lois, click here.