- Who are our clients?
- How do I get started?
- What do we do?
- What don’t we do?
- How long does it take to get organized?
- How does pricing work
- When do I get billed?
- What geography do we cover?
- How can I become a Professional Organizer?
Who are our clients?
- Anyone who wants to find their belongings (or papers) within a few minutes of time in their own home or office
- Those looking to de-clutter their houses because they feel they have run out of space or are struggling with the disorganization and chaos of a cluttered home
- People looking for better storage solutions so their rooms are functional
- Mothers who feel their home and time has become overwhelming
- Any person who doesn’t have a bill paying system in place and is constantly searching for papers
- Seniors looking to downsize
- Homeowners looking to right size in today’s economy
- Students looking to get their study habits and desks in order so they can dedicate their time to academics
- People who want to reclaim their homes and home offices in order to be more efficient and productive with their time
- Women and men who were never taught the skill of how to get organized
How do I get started?
Are you truly ready to open up your home and let a confidant go through your personal belongings and work with you in a one-on-one trusted relationship where you are open to learning the skills and habits of an organized individual?
Once you have decided that you would like to do so, POSSE can get started with a simple phone call or a quick visit to your home for a consultation. A “Needs Assessment” would be determined between client and professional organizer and the work can be scheduled at a convenient time.
What do we do?
Together your needs and goals are determined. We utilize basic organizing skills and create systems and implement organizing products that work with your personality. We work one-on-one with you and go at your pace for decision making. As we teach you the steps to get organized we transfer these life skills and coach you along the path to function and productivity.
What don’t we do?
We are not contractors, cleaning people or interior design professionals. We will be happy to recommend other experts beyond the organizing process should you need further help outside our expertise.
How long does it take to get organized?
That depends on the individual client because every client thinks and makes decisions differently. It could be a few hours or it could be several weeks of different increments of time. The clearer your vision of goals for the space, the quicker the process goes. When your project is over we are happy to continue our relationship and secure a maintenance plan. Being organized is not a one time event, you may need to book a session now and then to fine tune your changing life.
How does pricing work?
Prices are based on the project and the length of time a project takes. We schedule in 3-hour blocks of time but can work a longer session as needed. A consultation usually needs to take place before a dollar amount can be attached to this question.
When do I get billed?
An invoice is generated for each individual appointment and presented at the end of the session. Cash and check are accepted in person and PayPal is available in packages at www.POSSEPartnersLLC.com. We kindly ask for a 48-hour cancellation notice. Without proper notice or sincere hardship there is a $50 cancellation fee.
What geography do we cover?
Since we are located in Bergen County, New Jersey we generally (but are not limited to) cover northern New Jersey and into the southern end of New York State. Any area crossing a NY waterway and outside of a 45-mile radius from our office would include travel expenses.
How can I become a Professional Organizer?
We get a lot of people who ask us how to get started as a Professional Organizer. We would say that the first step is to become a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO). This organization will provide a major stepping stone.
Then we would suggest joining a local NAPO chapter. The chapter’s monthly meetings are open to the public for anyone who is interested in becoming a Professional Organizer. They allow an opportunity for education, networking and fellowship amongst women and men who are proactive in the organizing industry.